Wayside Country Store
Built in 1790 and founded as a country store in 1929 by Henry Ford himself, this complex has been family owned since 1975. This sprawling, old-timey institution encompasses the nearby Steven Anthony restaurant, a sewing shop, an edible arrangements store, a candy shop and of course the very popular gift shop. The building is ancient and wonderful and creaky; the owners are warm and really take pride in their wood-burning stove, narrow aisles and tons of candy. This is a great place to take children, but expect some longing gazes in the candy emporium attached.
- Hours: Daily, 10am - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: Jan 01, 1790
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Candy, collectibles, gifts, old-timey item.
- Services: Gift certificates, Gift wrapping, Shipping
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: "This place is very historic; it's been the same since Henry Ford owned it."
- Original design / hand-made?: Yes
- Part of a chain: No
- Tailoring: No