UPDATE, 12:12 p.m.: office said late Monday morning that the trash pick-ups for the city will remain on the normal schedule.
Also, her office is in touch with National Grid and said that crews continue to work toward getting everyone's power back in Marlborough. (See what neighborhoods are coming back online as they happen. Check out the comments on our Facebook page.)
"National Grid is continuing to work on remaining outages," said the mayor. "To report an outage, please call 1-800 465-1212. You will need your National Grid account number and/or the phone number registered to your account."
Stevens and her emergency management team had been in meetings thoughout Monday morning, continuing to assess and deal wih the ongoing situation.
As parts of Marlborough begin a return to normalcy, large sections are still without power going on 36 hours after the Halloween weekend nor'easter.
As such, the promise made by National Grid to have customers up and running as soon as possible, has lost much of its impact when families have had to struggle through heatless nights in freezing temperatures.
When Marlborough Patch last spoke with National Grid, a spokesperson said they were not ready to give estimates to people.
"As soon as we have estimated times of restoration we will let our customers know," said Debby Drew, a spokesperson with the company. "We know that communication is key to our customers and we will keep them informed."
All Marlborough schools have canceled classes through Monday, and Mayor Nancy Stevens office has announced that the city's trick-or-treating festivities have been postponed until Thursday.
"The Emergency management team met this morning and due to public safety concerns has decided to postpone trick-or-treating until Thursday, Nov. 3," said a statement. "Areas of the City remain without power, and the presence of downed wires and tree limbs pose a danger to children and their families. Thank you for your cooperation."
A shelter was established Sunday evening at the .
"Due to the snowstorm, The Whitcomb School is open as an emergency shelter," said a representative of the mayor's office. "There is limited food, heat and bathrooms. Please bring your own bedding material if you plan to sleep in the shelter."
There are, however, no shower available at the shelter.
Those businesses with power on the Route 20 corridor were bustling with activity Monday morning. did not have a seat to spare as residents charged electronic devices and spent some time on the internet. next door had a line around the building waiting to use the drive-through window.
Governor Deval Patrick spoke with reporters Monday morning, saying that he has declared a State of Emergency and will be asking President Obama to declare a Federal emergency situation later today.
He said there have been three deaths that have come about as a result of the storm and 519,000 residents are still without power.
The Governor emphasized safety as a top priority.
"Please, please do not undertake clearing tree limbs and power lines by yourself," said Patrick. "Contact your power company."