The Dunkin Donuts at 54 Main Street could soon undergo a transformation that would allow for the installation of a drive-thru if the owner of the property has their way.
As the owner and company plead their case, they revealed a slew of interesting numbers about this Dunkin Donuts and your average Dunkin Donuts.
- $250,000 — The estimated cost of construction at the site to allow for a drive-thru.
- 150 — The number of transactions an hour a Dunkin Donuts drive-thru can handle.
- 60 — The number of transactions per hour the Dunkin Donuts at 54 Main Street currently has. Dunkin Donuts on Route 20 by Route 495 have two to three times as much business.
- 66 percent — The amount of drive-thru business that is estimated to occur at the site if the drive-thru is complete.
- 3 a.m. — The earliest that deliveries will be allowed at the Dunkin Donuts.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
Officials from Dunkin Donuts and the owner of the land say the drive-thru is completely necessary to keep the store in the area. Dunkin Donuts will not renue the lease without a drive-thru.
The matter was referred to Urban Affairs for further discussion.