1. The City Council approved $750,000 in spending for snow and ice over the allocated $500,000. That isn't a surprise, as every city in New England sets itself up to deficit spend snow and ice. However, Mayor Arthur Vigeant is saying he hopes to stick to that $1.25 million number while the DPW's own calculations say that $1.21 million has already been spent.
With snow coming today and Winter seeming to want to get its shots in before Spring, the mayor may have to come back for more money from the council before all is said and done.
2. The Better Business Bureau has released a list of it's top 10 scams for 2012. Keep yourself educated by reading about them here.
3. Sequester cuts. They are complicated, but could mean a real impact for the state. Read about what the cuts could mean to Marlborough right here.
4. The City Council is investigating combining veteran's affairs efforts with nearby Sudbury. The issue is currently under discussion by the Veteran's Affairs Committee at the city level.
5. In our latest photo contest we want to see your school pride. So show your colors here Marlborough.