With witnesses to interview and evidence to review, the investigation into the fatal shooting of Bryce Coutinho by a Marlborough police officer will take time.
“We will be interviewing witnesses, taking statements and reviewing any and all evidence," said Stephanie Guyotte, a spokesperson for the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office. “There are a varierty of steps that are going to be taken."
The Marlborough Police Department will also be conducting its own investigation in order to determine what, if any, steps to take in regards to the officers involved.
The name of the officer involved has not been released. When contacted, police officials deferred to the district attorney's office for any comments on the incident.
“Any time there is a police involved shooting we will conduct an invest to determine whether the shooting was just," said Guyotte.
The initial call to the residence at 52 Meadowbrook Road went out as a disturbance at 7:54 p.m. on Monday. A medical call went out to the residence at 8:04 p.m. State Police assigned to the district attorney's office were on the scene that night as the investigation began, said Guyotte.
“They were on scene and will continue to be involved in the investigation,” she said stating that crime scene investigators will also be involved in the investigation.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has yet to determine the cause of death of Coutinho, said Guyotte.
Coutinho had previously been charged with assault and battery.