.

Cause of Three Structure Fires Determined

The investigation into three of Marlborough's six recent structure fires found them to be accidental while three investigations continue.

The investigation into three of Marlborough's six recent structure fires found the cause to be electrical or appliance issues, according to a release from the Fire Department.

The fire that occurred on Nov. 2 at 698 Pleasant Street originated in the basement where a dehumidifier had been operating. On further investigation it was learned that the dehumidifier had been recalled by the consumer product safety commission.

It was a Gold star dehumidifier manufactured by LG Corporation. It is Model GHD30. If anyone has one of these dehumidifiers they should contact LG at (877) 220-0479. Further information can be found on the consumer product safety commission website.

The fire that occurred on Nov. 3 at 468 Elm Street originated in the utility room adjacent to the garage. The cause of this fire was malfunction of an appliance in the room.

The fire at the residence at 89 Wagon Hill Rd. in Gulbankians Trailer Park on Nov. 19 was determined to be an electrical short in the thermostat located in the living room.

Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.

The shed fire at 100 Phelps Street, the multiple car fires behind 107 Broadmeadow Road and the 2 Alarm fire in the two family residence at 10 Lacouture Ct. remains under investigation.

If anyone has information on any of these incidents they can contact the Fire Investigation Unit at 508-624-6984 Ext. 13.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »