1. Today should be overcast and rainy for the most part with a chance of thunderstorms and a high of 70 degrees, says the National Weather Service.
2. If anyone is interested in taking a step back into time this weekend, they should head over to the Wayside Inn on Saturday and take part in the Colonial Faire & Muster of Fyfe and Drums. This reenactment and festival will run throughout the day. See the schedule and more details here.
3. There will be a grand opening and wine tasting at the new location of the Vin Bin on Main Street on Saturday, Sept. 24 from 2 to 6 p.m. There will also be a wine sale. Head on down to enjoy some tasty wine and support local business.
4. The 19th Annual St. Bernadette Fall Festival will be held today and Saturday, Sept. 23 and 24, at the St. Bernadette Catholic School, 266 Main St. in Northborough. All are welcome to this community event which benefits St. Bernadette Parish & School programs. Kids games, tasty food, bouncy rides, magic show, themed basket raffle, sweepstakes, craft fair, mega cash, auctions and music are some of the many entertainments offered.
5. The is accepting applications for snow & ice hired contractor services and equipment for the 2011-2012 operations. Click here for the Rental Agreement. If you have any questions, contact Thomas Temple, Assistant Commissioner of Operations at 508-624-6910 ext. 7200.