1. The next test date for the entrance test to the program is on Wednesday, Nov. 9, during the evening, from 6 until approximately 9 p.m. Registration must take place at least 48 hours prior to the date, and can be done online. Applicants should visit the website, click on LPN Program and then go to Quick links-Entrance Exam to register and sign up for an exam. There is a Study Guide available at the same site. Bring confirmation of test registration the evening of the exam.
2. The state of Massachusetts is wrapping up a 10 day comment period as they determine the redistricting of Massachusetts (mandated by law every 10 years and after the Census). Check out the latest district lines here, and see if they affect you!
3. will host Kidgits Mall-O-Ween Monday, Oct. 31 from 3 to 5 p.m. Bring the kids out to enjoy crafts, activity stations and some trick-or-treating! Dress to impress in your best ghoulish costume.
4. will be hosting 8th grade students from most of its sending school districts over the next few weeks for tours of the technical programs. In the past, all 8th graders in the sending public schools visited Assabet, but this year, parents should check the Assabet website, to find out if and when their school has scheduled a tour. For those not scheduled, and for students in private schools, call the admissions office at 508-485-9430, ext. 1250, to arrange a personal or small group tour.
5. Don't forget to check out our , which we will feature each day during peak traffic hours. This is meant to be a resource to those traveling in and out of the city, and a means of avoiding the occasional heavy traffic we experience.