Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. School is back in session for the home stretch of the academic year. Classes end on June 21, leaving just 18 school days.
2. The city’s retirement board meets Tuesday evening. Among the items to be discussed: How much of a cost of living adjustment retired city workers will receive in fiscal year 2013.
3. Congratulations to , which was recently recognized as a 2012 recipient of the Bronze Commitment to Quality award for its efforts to improve care quality. The American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL) use the awards to honor facilities that have demonstrated commitment to quality improvement.
4. The 14th annual American Cancer Society Relay For Life comes to Marlborough’s Ghiloni Park on June 8 and offers abundant opportunities to take part and help battle cancer. The overnight event includes the moving Luminaria Ceremony, which takes place after sundown and honors the community’s cancer survivors and those who lost their battles with the disease. To join the Relay For Life event as survivor, caregiver, participant or corporate sponsors or to learn more, contact Kathleen Parente at 413.244.1562 or visit www.relayforlife.org/marlborohudsonma.
5. ? Maybe the morning after a long weekend isn't the best time to ask, but why not cast a vote and tell us why (or why not)?
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something