1. The Thursday afternoon commute in and around Marlborough was complicated by a motorcycle accident on I-495in Hopkinton, extending the ride home for many. As often is the case, the slowdowns seemed to spill off the highways and onto the streets leading in and out of downtown.
2. State transportation officials warn drivers to expect busy road and possible slowdowns all weekend. MassDOT recommends avoiding travel during the 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. hours on Friday and Monday. The state reminds drivers it has Web cams set up on many major roadways to help you plan the best time to hit the highway. Remember,.
3. is calling all young artists. The Budding Artist 2012 exhibit will go up at the art center starting June 2 and works entered int the show, for those 13 and under, by the May 31 deadline will be eligible for prizes, and feedback from judges.
4. Remember, Marlborough marks Memorial Day on Monday with a parade starting at 10 a.m.m from the intersection of Route 85 and John St. The parades finishes its route at Monument Square, where guest speaker Jay Kanavos, a retired Air Force lieutenant colonel, will deliver remarks.
5. Other local events this weekend include a fundraiser cookout in support of Ray Peckham's upcoming Ride for MS. Peckham plans to ride 175 miles on his bicycle on June 23 to 24. The event will be held Saturday, May 26 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Italian American Veterans' Club on Neal St.