Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Greater Marlborough Programs, Inc. (GMPI) will hold its Community Fun Fest just over the line in Hudson at the Hudson Elks on Sunday from 1 to 5 p.m. Activities include music, games and a barbecue.
2. The New England Student Woodworking Design Competition awards presentations take place starting at 7 p.m. Friday in the Little Theater at Marlborough High School.
3. The Student Exchange Program is sponsoring what it is billing as a “huge yard sale” at the school Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to noon at the Whitcomb School, 25 Union St. Items will include games, books, clothing, household items and furniture and all proceeds benefit the exchange program.
4. Be on the lookout for players from Marlborough Youth Baseball this weekend. Players will be going door-to-door selling discount coupons from local merchants to benefit the organization. The boys of summer will be out between 9 a.m. and noon on both Saturday and Sunday.
5. Watch out for runners and bikers on the roadways around Marlborough High School on Sunday. The 4th annual Marlborough Triathlon kicks off at 9 a.m. with the elite athletes and relay teams, a group that includes Boston Bruins player Andrew Ference and race co-founder and Olympian Jarrod Shoemaker.