Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. It's gonna be a cold one today! The National Weather Service is predicting a high of only 27 degrees.
2. During the month of October, The Ninety Nine Restaurants held their annual Boys and Girls Club Fundraiser raising $202,000 for local chapters of the Boys and Girls Club in communities throughout New England and New York. The Hudson and raised $5,458 for the .
3. A capital campaign to raise $1.5 million in support of the construction of a state-of-the-art Cancer Pavilion at was recently announced. The campaign will be led by former chairman of the Marlborough Hospital Board of Trustees Cornelius “Neil” Ferris who is also a former long-time resident of Southborough. The new facility will be attached to the north side of the existing hospital and is an expansion of the UMass Memorial Health Care Cancer Center of Excellence located in Worcester. The new center will provide expanded cancer services to the local community and has an estimated construction cost of $12.7 million. The Cancer Pavilion will be approximately a 15,000 square-foot addition that will house cancer care services including medical oncology, radiation oncology, patient exam space and a beautiful healing garden. Groundbreaking for the new facility is scheduled for early 2012 and is scheduled for completion in early 2013. For more information on how to support the new facility, call 508-486-5807 or email Ellen.firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Auditions for Ghost Light Players’ first production, Almost, Maine, will be held on Tuesday, Jan. 17 and Thursday, Jan. 19, from 7 to 9 p.m. at . The show calls for an ensemble cast of 10 people (5 men, 5 women) within the age range of twenties to early forties. Ghost Light Players will be performing Almost, Maine in March of 2012. Those interested in the play or the organization are encouraged to attend a meet and greet Sunday, Jan. 8 at 2 p.m., also at the church. For additional information on the theater company or the show, Almost, Maine, email email@example.com or visit www.ghostlightplayers.com.
5. The will be offering a variety of art classes beginning this month. Follow this link and see if it is time to take your artistic talent to the next level.