Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Be very careful on the ride in to work this morning as the National Weather Service is predicting a stormy mess with below freezing temperatures. We posted a .
2. Beginning this weekend the Marlborough Girl Scouts will be out and about with booths around the city selling their famous cookies. This Saturday, Jan. 14 they will be at Capital Farms, 554 Boston Post Rd. E. from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and at on West Main Street from 9 a.m. to noon.
3. The overnight parking ban for the is currently in effect and will run until March 15. The ban prohibits on-street parking from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m.
4. It was recently announced that the second annual New England 50+ EXPO (formerly known as The New England Boomers & Seniors EXPO) will take place in Marlborough this coming fall. Purported to be the largest event for baby boomers and seniors in New England will be held Oct. 20 through 21, 2012 at the . The EXPO will feature 175 interactive exhibits as well as entertainment, seminars, and more. For more information, visit www.NE50plus.com
5. recently announced a Monday through Friday deal offering meals for $5 ready in 5 minutes or less. Head in for lunch, dinner, or take it home and feed the family. Phone in orders welcome. The menu for the remainder of the week is as follows: Thursday—Beef Stew; Friday—Clam Chowder.