Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Today is the 70th anniversary of the attacks on Pearl Harbor. Marlborough resident and historian Kat Lizotte Lynde has spent several years compiling World War II accounts pertaining to the local history. Take some time to remember the Marlborough veterans.
2. Expect another dreary day, but will cooler temperatures. The high today will only reach the upper 40s in anticipation of some mixed wintery weather this evening.
3. There will be a Auxiliary fundraiser Dec. 9 in the Leahy Conference Room, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will be several raffles, including one for a gingerbread house that can be seen at the Well Wishers gift shop in the main lobby.
4. is hosting a variety of holiday festive events this Saturday, Dec. 10 from 8:30 a.m to noon. 8:30 to 10:00 a.m.—Breakfast with Santa! Children can celebrate the magic of the holiday season and have breakfast with Santa as well as to participate in a variety of holiday activities. 11 a.m. to noon—Simon Kidgits Club and Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing Team are bringing a monthly story hour to Solomon Pond Mall. The story hour will entertain children through stories, activities and games while stirring their imaginations! 10 a.m.—New Play Area Opens Courtesy of UMass Memorial Children’s Medical Center.
5. There will be a Living Nativity at the Church of the Nativity in Northborough on Saturday, Dec. 17 at 6:30 p.m. The church has many Marlborough members and the community-at-large is invited to attend.