Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. For the third year, hosted the annual Legislators’ Breakfast, inviting federal, state, and local officials to the tech school’s restaurant for an opportunity to update them on both progress and current needs. Superintendent/Director Mary Jo Nawrocki addressed the group, telling them that she had also invited students from the senior leadership class so that they could picture students’ faces when asked to vote on issues relating to education. See the full press release on Patch later today.
2. Twelve local artists from the Concord Art Association travelled to Tuscany this past summer, staying at the Tenuta di Spannocchia, an estate dedicated to “sustaining cultural landscapes for future generations.” As they immersed themselves in the riches of Tuscany, they translated their discoveries into art. The is pleased to present their paintings in a new gallery. The opening reception of “Green Tuscany” will be on Jan. 5 from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m.; come in and enjoy their glorious paintings, on view and for sale in the gallery through Jan. 28.
3. Your going to have to start planning for Christmas vacation soon and the wants to help. The Children's Room will be hosting events Thursday, Dec. 29 with a drop-in movie, "The Goonies" at 6:30 p.m., then again Friday, Dec. 30 for the drop-in Craft Snowman event from 10 a.m. to noon.
4. Keep those votes coming for your choice in our and of the Year solicitations. We plan on profiling the person with the most nominations next week!
5. Don't forget to enter our that could potentially win the $100,000. Some lucky school district in Patchland is going to win, so let's make it Marlborough. You only have a couple of days left!