Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Don't forget to enter our that could potentially win the Marlborough Public Schools $100,000. Some lucky school district in Patchland is going to win, so let's make it Marlborough!
2. The CDC and local health officials are encouraging folks to get their annual flu shot before any sort of outbreak develops. See what about the matter.
3. On Dec. 29, at 2 p.m. the Arts Alliance Focus on the Arts program will present A Winter Solstice Celebration at the . The performance by Roger Tincknell will be held in the handicap accessible, convenient downtown location. Multi-generations of families will enjoy sharing time together with Roger during this interactive show. Ticket prices are $10 for adults, $8 for students/seniors and $6 for children under 10. Save $1 by purchasing in advance at the website, upwitharts.org or by calling 978-562-1646. For more information, visit www.upwitharts.org or call 978-562-1646.
4. There will be a Living Nativity at the Church of the Nativity in Northborough on Saturday, Dec. 17 at 6:30 p.m. The church has many Marlborough members and the community-at-large is invited to attend.
5. What are some holiday gifts your kids are asking for this year? There are always trends nationally, but as always Patch is local. Tell us in the comments and help us inform an upcoming column.