Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Today is the one year anniversary of Marlborough Patch! We have enjoyed serving the community of Marlborough during that time and look forward to the future. Tell us in the comments how we can further serve the community in the year to come.
2. The Massachusetts State Police will be conducting sobriety checkpoints at locations within Middlesex County Saturday evening, New Years Eve. This could include Marlborough; so remember to drive safe and sober, everyone, and have great holiday!
3. If you are looking for something to do on New Years Eve, will be hosting a night of comedy and music. Beginning at 8 p.m., stand-up comedians Dave Rattigan, as heard on XM satellite radio, and Dave Kaminsky will take the stage. Then The Fools take the stage to rock in the New Year. Admission is $25. For reservations, call 508-357-8883.
4. No one answered yesterday's anagram correctly, though one reader came very close! The name we were looking for was Lisa Thomas, Marlborough's city clerk.
5. There are no open houses scheduled in Marlborough this weekend due to the holiday.