What says Peabody to you like none other? We’ve compiled an initial list of 10 things below. Feel free to add your own.
- Old tanneries…lots of old tanneries.
- And of course, the .
- George Peabody, need we say more?
- The — the largest middle school in Massachusetts.
- City squares named after deceased wartime soldiers (OK, Peabody’s not the only city to do this, but it seems to outdo its neighbors on that front).
- The most affordable place to live on the North Shore for homeowners.
- The International Festival — the city’s yearly celebration of its rich ethnic diversity and heritage.
- . Ties in with No. 6 above and is one of the few and the proud municipal light plants in Massachusetts.
- — did you know you can go cross-country skiing here for cheap in the winter as well?
- — one of the largest shopping malls in New England.
Are there other things that scream Peabody at you? List them here.