Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The Cemeteries Division will be conducting a general cleanup of all city cemeteries. All flowers, decorations and ornamentation must be removed by today. Any remaining items will be removed. According to a notice posted on the city's website, "lost, missing or damaged items are not the responsibility of the Cemeteries Division or its employees."
Father's Day flowers and remembrances may be placed and/or replaced on Sunday, June 16.
2. Author James Patterson has teamed up with Patch to offer some summer reading lists for kids. You'll see them in our Summer Reading Guide, starting today.
3. Speaking of reading—it's "Fine Free Wednesdays," at the This is the favorite day of the week for folks who just can't seem to bring their library materials back on time.
4. Judging from the comments on . What do you think?
5. Expect some precipitation today, but that won’t quell the pollen. Weather.com reports that there is a moderate rate of tree pollen today and a high rate of grass pollen. High temps should be in the mid 60s.