1. While it is going to be overcast and rainy today with periods of fog, we should see a high of 81 degrees in Marlborough, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Thomas Goodell, of Hopkinton, a student at the , has been appointed to the Naval Academy, said a release from . Thomas is an honors student and accomplished athlete, achieving awards and recognition in regional state, and national gymnastic competitions. In addition to his participation to in many humanitarian and extracurricular activities, he has achieved high academic marks. Tom is also part of the first graduating class from AMSA. Congratulations, Thomas!
3. Recently the Massachusetts Association of School Committees Immediate Past President, Kathleen Robey, visited to make presentations to significant contributors to the school. Suzanne Morreale-Leeber was named the Outstanding School Partner, and accepted an award on behalf of the Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce. The Community Leader for Public Education Award was presented by Robey to Catherine Gregory Mogavero, the executive vice president of the Marlborough Chamber of Commerce.
4. The will host an event at 7 p.m. in the Peter Rice Homestead, 377 Elm St. Local author and historian, Susan Alatalo, who researched and wrote the very popular “Images of America - Marlborough” book, will present the history of graveyards, highlighting the symbols, grave cutting craft, changes in burial grounds and the use of local stones. There will also be a showing of a program from the Marlborough Cable Company about the night they spent in the Peter Rice Homestead in search of evidence of ghosts.
5. If you've noticed a portion of Bolton St. closed in recent days, that's because the city is replacing a water main in the area. The area may experience periods of water shutoffs in addition to the traffic issues. The work will run through the end of June.