Invite a friend
Kripalu Yoga with Jen
The Kripalu Yoga tradition integrates physical postures (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), and meditation to help students reconnect with the wisdom inside their bodies. It stresses solid physical alignment and attentive movement with the breath, and also encourages compassionate, non-judgmental responses to thoughts and feelings as they arise. A Kripalu Yoga class is about creating a safe space for students to express their true selves, connect with others in their community, and generally feel good about themselves and their life.
Students attending a Kripalu Yoga class can expect to experience each of the following elements:
- Welcoming and context, to build a sense of community and set personal intentions
- Centering practices, to help students leave their busy world behind and "land" in the class
- Instruction in techniques that bring focus and awareness to your breath
- Gentle stretches to warm up the spine, muscles and joints, and bring energy into the body
- Yoga postures, with comfortable modifications available for every body type
- Guided relaxation, to release tension from the body and mind
- Closing meditation to help students retain their inner peace as they leave
Weekly Tuesday night class at Breathe Wellness, 6:45 pm - 7:45 pm. Come try it -- ESPECIALLY if you don't think you can do yoga.
$15 drop in, class cards also available at http://www.breatheinwellness.com
|Where||Breathe Wellness 162 Cook Ln, Marlborough, MA 01752|
|Time||6:45 pm–7:45 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
More About Breathe Wellness
Breathe Wellness holds classes for yoga and meditation, using a holistic approach to consolidate the mind, body and spirit. Other classes include zumba, workshops, teen yoga, core conditioning, restorative yoga and private sessions. Also offered are polarity therapy and massages. Memberships, in the form of class cards, are available. Drop-ins are also welcomed. Special events are occassionally offered on Fridays, with more details on the website.