Marlborough News of the Week
We have the news you may have missed this week while you wait to be freed from the snow.
It may be a few hours until we can travel again, thanks to the ban on driving put out by Governor Deval Patrick.
Below we have compiled some of the stories from the week you may have missed on the Marlborough Patch. Just click on the colored text in the sentence to read more.
- We spoke to a few people before the storm started Friday. They were ready to hunker down and pleased with how the city had handled the situation.
- We have our latest, weekly funky finds on Craigslist listed for you here.
- A man was arrested and charged with his fifth DUI after allegedly driving away from police.
- No chemicals were involved in a recent fire, according to officials at the Dow Chemical Plant which had a fire last week.
- Big homes were the choice of the week in real estate transactions.
- The Ward Park Neighbordhood Association responded to Mayor Arthur Vigeant's position on a new senior center in Ward Park in this Letter to the Editor.
- An investigation into a police-involved shooting in November is still underway.
- Gas prices climbed in the state.
- City Councilor's are requesting more than $15,000 from a planned gas station the hours of which they have cut back.
- Police tracked three alleged purse snatchers in freshly fallen snow.
- A new restaurant recently opened in Marlborough.