1) 2012 Marlborough Heritage Festival. On Sunday, September 30, Main Street in downtown Marlborough will transform into the 17th Annual Marlborough Heritage Festival. Starting at 10:00 am and continuing until 3:00 pm, enjoy live entertainment, children's activities, vendor booths and more. Main Street will be blocked to vehicles between Florence and Bolton Streets so you can enjoy the day. Admission and parking are free.
There are two special Festival events that you don't want to miss:
- The Main Street Mile road race will begin at 9:45 am at the corner of Broad and Lincoln Streets. This downhill one mile course finishes at the front of Marlborough City Hall. Race registration begins at 8:00 am at The Prospector Saloon, 520 Lincoln Street. Click here for registration details. Registration for children 12 and under is free when accompanied by an adult. If your kids like to run, you definitely want to participate in this race together. Many awards will be presented, including the parent and child award, for the best combined parent-child time.
- The Chowder and Chili Fest will be held from 12:30 to 2:00 pm in the parking lot next to the old fire station. Taste all the great chili and chowder from area eateries for $3.
2) Open House at Milestone Stable: Milestone Stable will have an open house on Saturday, September 29th from 12:00-3:00 pm at their facility located at 339 Boston Post Road in Marlborough. Enjoy pony rides in their big outdoor ring for $3 per ride. There will also be baked goods for sale. Tour Milestone's facility, see the beautiful horses, and learn about riding lessons, programs, and about A Stones Throw Tack Shop. The open house is a fundraiser for Milestone's Interscholastic Equestrian Association (IEA) team, which is a competition team for middle and high school-aged equestrians. In addition to competition, IEA also offers riders the opportunity to earn scholarships toward their college education. For more information about Milestone Stable please visit their website at www.milestonestable.com.
3) Free admission to area museums on September 29th. Saturday September 29th is Museum Day at many area museums. This is a great opportunity to go visit your favorite museum or to try one for the first time. Click here and fill out the form to get a Museum Day ticket for two free admissions to the participating museum of your choice. I reserved a ticket for Tower Hill Botanical Garden. Many area museums are included, such as the Concord Museum, the Ecotarium, Fruitlands Museum, Garden in the Woods, Orchard House, Museum of Russian Icons, and the Museum of Fine Arts. Museum Day is Sponsored by Smithsonian Magazine.
4) Big 34th Anniversary Sale at Ocean State Job Lot. Hurry in, as the sale ends Wednesday, September 26. Deals that caught my eye include Bob's Red Mill products 20% off; decorative slate top fire pit $80, regularly $100, tarps 30% off. Pet supply saving: 20% off all pet crates, for example 42" x 28" x 31" crate regularly $65 now $52. Pet crate mats 30% off, pet beds 25% off. Cat furniture 25% off, for example 2 story sisal condo $14.99. See these and more deals in this week's flyer. Located at 230A East Main St. in Marlborough.
Please refer to the merchants directly for offer terms and conditions.