1. Running old appliances or inefficient home systems can result in high operating costs for your family. Highly-efficient new appliances can often pay for themselves with their reduced energy consumption. Reducing consumption not only saves money, it is good for the environment. Our family made some energy-saving system updates to our home three years ago. We were able to take advantage of a few incentive programs, and our new efficient systems have helped to reduced our energy consumption costs. If you are not currently in the market to purchase new appliances or systems, bookmark these sites for future reference. Be advised that the incentive programs change from time to time. There are different terms and conditions for each program; please review them carefully before making your purchase.
The following incentives are currently available at Mass Save.
- Recycle a second refrigerator or freezer and receive a $50 incentive. According to National Grid, running an older, less efficient second refrigerator or freezer can cost a homeowner up to $150 extra per year. Click here or call 1-877-545-4113 to find out when pick up is scheduled in your area.
- Customers who purchase an Energy Star qualified air cleaner are eligible to receive a $20 mail-in rebate.
- Customers who purchase an Energy Star-qualified refrigerator or freezer qualify for a $50 mail-in incentive.
- Incentives for heating and cooling include: a $25 mail-in rebate for programmable thermostats, which could help you save 5-10% on your heating bill; a $500 mail-in rebate when you install an Energy-Star qualified central air conditioner; and a residential high-efficiency heating equipment program with hundreds of dollars in rebates for home and hot water heating systems.
2. Save on organic groceries with printable coupons from Mambo Sprouts. You can print coupons for organic grocery items, such as Olivia's Organics produce, Organic Valley creamer, and Rudi’s Gluten-free bread. There are also great tips for living on a budget while staying green, product reviews, and recipes too!
3. Arby's offer – Free Market Fresh Grilled Chicken and Pecan Salad sandwich with the purchase of a 22 ounce Pepsi Beverage. The offer is good May 9 to 15. Find this and other offers on Arby’s Facebook Page. Arby’s is located at the Solomon Pond Mall.
4. Half-price Frappuccino at Starbucks! Offer good at participating Starbucks from 3 to 5 p.m., from May 6 to 15. Starbucks has locations in Marlborough at 23 South Bolton St., 189 Boston Post Rd. W., and at the Solomon Pond Mall.
If you see any deals, let me know!