Back-to-School Deals in Marlborough
The days are still warm, the sun sets late, but the back-to-school sales are reminders that summer vacation is coming to a close. Here are some school supply deals, a new look for mom, and something fun to do for your family.
1. School supply deals at Walgreens: 56, 68 or 100 sheet Puffs, 99 cents each; Sharpie 4-pack Accent highlighters or 4 pack Paper Mate EraserMate Pens, 99 cents each; Crayola 8 pack watercolors or 12 pack colored pencils, sale price using in-ad coupon 2 for $3, limit 4. Prices good through Aug. 13. See the Walgreens Weekly ad for these deals and more. Walgreens has two locations in Marlborough: 99 Granger Blvd. and 525 Boston Post Rd E.
2. School supply deals at Target: Lexar 8 GB USB drive $9; Five-Star one-subject notebooks, $1 each; Lysol disinfecting wipes, 75 or 80 count $3.99 each; Poly folders 50 cents each; Up and Up kids scissors, 90 cents for a two-pack. Prices good through Aug. 13. See the Target weekly ad for these and more deals. Target has two locations in Marlborough: 605 Boston Post Road East and 423 Donald Lynch Blvd.
3. Raise your hand if your kindergartener needs to read “The Kissing Hand” by Audrey Penn this summer. It’s a wonderful back-to-school story and it is available this month as a free online read-aloud at Barnes and Noble. Audrey Penn herself reads the story. Check back each month for a new selection.
4. Moms: Get yourself a new look for the first day of school and save at Bare Escentuals, the home of bareMinerals products: From Aug. 8 to the 28 take home two free eyecolors and a “Big and Bright” eyeliner in black coffee with any purchase of $60 or more while supplies last. Bare Escentuals is located at the Solomon Pond Mall.
5. Saturday Nights at Wayside Racquet and Swim Club: Come to Wayside and enjoy Stories by Andrea Lovett on Aug. 13 at 6:30 p.m. Free and open to the public. To RSVP, call Wayside at (508) 481-1797. Wayside Racquet and Swim Club is located at 80 Broadmeadow St.
As always, refer to the merchants directly for the terms and conditions for their offers.