$5k Grant for MetroWest Boys & Girls Clubs
BJ's Charitable Foundation officials announced Tuesday they would give $5,000 in a grant to the Boys and Girls Clubs of Metro West.
The Westborough-based BJ's Charitable Foundation has donated $356,500 among 57 Massachusetts nonprofits, the organization announced Tuesday.
The grant recipients' focuses include "hunger prevention, self sufficiency, healthcare and education," the foundation said in a press release.
The Westborough-area organizations receiving grants were:
- Project Just Because Inc. in Holliston: $5,000 to purchase food for the Hopkinton Food Pantry.
- AIDS Project Worcester Inc. in Worcester: $5,000 to purchase food and supplements for the Nutrition is Medicine Program.
- Rainbow Child Development Center in Worcester: $5,000 to support the Social Services Program.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro West in Marlborough: $5,000 in support of the Power Hour Homework Assistance Program, providing the necessary support, resource and guidance to youth ages six to 18 to help them complete their homework.
- Abby Kelley Foster House Inc. in Worcester: $5,000 to support the Women's Center Program.
- Worcester Community Action Council Inc. in Worcester: $6,000 to purchase food for the Job and Education Center Program.
- South Middlesex Opportunity Council Inc. in, Framingham: $5,000 to support the Common Ground Resource Center Program.
- Lutheran Social Services of New England Inc. in Worcester: $5,000 in support of the Young Parents Support Program.