5 Things You Need to Know Today: Oct. 4
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The high temp should only get up to 60 degrees today and will accompanied by rain and possibly a thunderstorm in the morning, says the National Weather Service.
2. Ward Two City Councilor Paul Ferro has announced that he will host a neighborhood meeting to discuss the helicopter school based at Marlborough Airport. "Over the past few weeks, I have heard from my constituents concerns about the new helicopter school. I am hosting this neighborhood meeting to provide a public forum to better address their concerns" said Ferro. The meeting will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 5, at 7 p.m. in the Kane School Cafeteria. Light refreshments will be provided.
3. Panera Bread is celebrating 10 years of fighting breast cancer by baking bagels. This October, the signature Pink Ribbon Bagel® will be sold at all of Panera Bread’s locations including Marlborough, with a portion of the proceeds from each bagel sold going to a variety of breast cancer causes throughout the country.
4. We love your letters to the editor! Especially during this election season, we and the candidates want to hear about what is important to you. Send them along to email@example.com and we'll get them online in a timely fashion.
5. We'll mention this a lot this week because the proceeds are going to such a great cause: The annual food drive/haunted house at State Rep. Steven Levy's house will get underway this weekend and every weekend through the month of October. In its eighth year at 61 Grady Rd., people are invited to visit Friday through Sunday, 6 to 10 p.m. Just bring some food donation for the Marlborough Food Bank and get ready to be entertained!