5 Things You Need To Know Today: March 9
A local church is holding a free film series, and there is a pasta dinner at the Jaworek School tonight!
1. Are you on Foursquare? If so, send us a friend request and we'll do the same.
2. The First Church in Marlborough Congregational is holding a free movie series hosted by Pastor Kazimierz “Kaz” Bem. All movies will be shown at 5:30 p.m. at the church. The March 11 title will be "The Mission," to be followed on March 25 by the film “Of Gods and Men.” A discussion will be led by Bem following the movie. Topics covered will include the intersection of life, religion, and politics, and the different responses to violence and suffering in the world. For more information, visit their website.
3. Congresswoman Niki Tsongas has announced meet-and-greets in towns (and cities) in the new Massachusetts 3rd District, one of which is Marlborough. The representative will be in Marlborough from 10 a.m. to noon, Saturday, March 10 at Marlborough High School.
4. The Jaworek School PTO is sponsoring its annual Pasta Dinner Night from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, March 9. The event will include a pasta dinner catered by Buffet Way, coffee donated by Starbucks, a DJ and dancing in the gym, a 50/50 raffle, and Jaworek’s own third-grade volunteer wait staff. This year’s volunteer server list includes Mayor Arthur Vigeant, Superintendent Anthony Pope, two School Committee members and two city councilors as well as Jaworek teachers and parents. Dinner starts being served at 5 p.m.
5. Some news from Sudbury Patch: A motor vehicle stop Wednesday night by the Sudbury Police Department turned into an arrest of a Marlborough resident. At about 10:30 p.m., Carlos Olmedo, 28, of 3 Church St., Apt. A, was pulled over on Boston Post Road after the department received an alert Olmedo had a warrant out for his arrest. According to dispatcher Keith Robinson, the warrant was for a charge of operating a motor vehicle on a suspended in Wayland. Olmedo was arrested on the warrant and bailed out at 11:37 p.m. He was scheduled to be arraigned at Framingham District Court on Thursday. No other information was available.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Marlborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the daily newsletter with our top stories, click here.