5 Things You Need to Know Today: March 5
Heroin, car accidents and $124,000; we have what you need to know today.
1. Heroin has made headlines again in the city. The arrests over the weekend at Price Chopper joins three other arrests that stemmed from the discovery of heroin on a person at Solomon Pond Mall.
2. Every Tuesday and Friday we run local obituaries. These are more than notices, but stories of people's lives and worth a read.
3. A crash yesterday at the intersection of Hildreth and Church Streets did not have any injuries.
4. A collective bargaining issue was brought up during the Finance Committee Meeting Monday night. Councilor Joseph Delano questioned $15,400 in a DPW transfer request for interim foreman compensation. This compensation comes in when another employee must step up to fill the role of foreman. Delano took issue with this, as he said he does every year, while Councilor Robert Seymour stated that this is part of the collective bargaining agreement with the union.
5. The Finance Committee voted Monday night to recommend $124,000 in transfers in the DPW department.