5 Things You Need To Know Today: March 21
An Easter extravaganza will be taking place in Marlborough soon, as will a special dinner hosted by the city's own Employment Options.
1. A household hazardous waste collection day will be held in Marlborough from 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, May 19 at the Easterly Treatment Plant, 860 Boston Post Rd. E.
2. Employment Options will host their Annual Awards Dinner beginning at 5:30 p.m., Thursday April 5. The event is held to honor those members of Employment Options who have shown great progress and growth at their place of employment and also honors the employers who partner with Employment Options. This year, the organization will honor Bill Short of the William R. Short Funeral Home in Marlborough. The guest speaker for the evening will be Sportscaster Larry Johnson. Tickets are $40 each and can be purchased by calling Employment Options at: 508-485-5051 or visiting their website.
3. The Marlborough Chamber of Commerce and local officials will welcome several new businesses into the Marlborough business community Wednesday, March 21. A ribbon cutting with be held at 4:30 p.m. for the Minuteman Press, 286 West Main St. (in the same plaza as D'Angelo's), and 5:15 p.m. for Elements Therapeutic Massage, 197D Boston Post Rd W., (in the same plaza as Hannaford).
4. Greater Grace Christian Fellowship of Marlborough will present a "Walk to Calvary—An Easter Cantata: A Prelude to the Resurrection" on April 5, 6, and 7. "The Walk to Calvary" is an interactive presentation of the Holy Week. Attendees will join guides on a walk, witnessing the events that took place leading to the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. This performance weaves together singing and reenactments of key events during Jesus’ walk. The presentation will be held at the church. Parts of the event will be held outdoors so dress accordingly. Call 508-460-1541 to reserve free tickets to the event.
5. The Bulfinch Group recently announced that Kevin Schneider, of Marlborough, has earned the designation of Five Star Wealth Manager. The Five Star Wealth Manager award is annually given to financial managers who are identified through research conducted with peers and firms; the program analyzes internal and external research data, including a survey to more than 3,000 registered financial services professionals and all local financial service companies registered with FINRA or the SEC, to select each year’s winners, said a release. Nominated wealth managers who satisfied a total of ten objective eligibility and evaluation criteria are awarded this title.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Marlborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the daily newsletter with our top stories, click here.