5 Things You Need to Know Today: March 11
Special election costs the same as a used Honda Accord and more broken mailboxes; we have what you need to know today.
1. The upcoming special election is set to cost the city $18,712.85. There is a lot to be done for this election, but that kind of money could buy a lot of other things. The city will likely receive partial reimbursement, report officials.
2. Mayor Arthur Vigeant is seeking to reappointment Chief Procurement Officer, Beverly Sleeper, for a term of three years to expire on the anniversary of her confirmation.
3. Two more people have applied to the city for reimbursement for new mailboxes.
4. A Marlborough woman recently sat down with us to talk about community theater and her involvement. The interview is available here.
5. Our What Makes You Smile photo contest closes today at 5 p.m. This is your last chance to submit a photo and compete for a $25 gift card. The contest and information on submitting a photo are available here.