5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 25
Schools are getting some upgrades. Also, we want to see your photos.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The state could be ponying up some money for repairs to Route 85 in the city. State Rep. Steven Levy tweeted Friday that an amendment he sponsored adding $250,000 for the city to the Transportation Bond Bill had been adopted by the house.
2. Now that classes are out, contractors are mobilizing to complete state-funded renovations at two local schools. Both Kane Elementary and Marlborough High School will get ugrades to roofs, windows and doors, all designed to make the schools more energy efficient.
3. Did you catch the car show downtown on Sunday, Olivia's Ride or the Save-A-Dog event at Vin Bin on Saturday or the Relay for Life on Friday evening? We'd love to see your photos and you can upload them right here.
4. The switchover to a new trash and recycling system is quickly approaching. Our story on the coming change last week generated plenty of discussion and additional information both here and on the Marlborough Patch Facebook page.
5. After a scorching few days to start summer, temperatures should moderate considerably this week. Weather.com is forecasting highs in the 70s through the end of the week.