5 Things You need to Know Today: June 1
A big weekend for MHS seniors starts with dresses, corsages and dancing--plus where you can get a free home-cooked meal (other than home, that is).
1. Don’t be surprised if you see more limousines, gowns and tuxedos around town late Friday. It’s senior prom night at Marlborough High School.
2. The prom will be followed by the All-Nighter at the Wayside Racquet and Swim Club. The All-Nighter has been held 27 years now, a strong run for an event put on solely by volunteers and through sponsor support.
3. For seniors, the prom is the start of a weekend of hallmark events, culminating with graduation on Sunday at 2 p.m. in the Marlborough High School Field House. Congratulations to all the graduates.
4. Also on Sunday, the First Church in Marlborough Congregation will host a breakfast fundraiser for the American Cancer Society’s upcoming Relay for Life. Tickets are $15, the menu includes French toast, sausage and eggs and proceeds will support the First Church’s team of trekkers taking part in the June 8 event.
5. This and every Friday, the Veterans of Foreign Wars post at 1 Fitchburg St. offers free home cooked meals. All are welcome. For more information and to find out what’s on the menu, call (508) 229-0790.