1. There is an expected high of 87 degrees on this Independence Day with a chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1pm. Areas of fog before 9 a.m., otherwise, partly sunny. There is a 40 percent chance of precipitation, says the National Weather Service.
2. Follow this link to see what cities and towns in the area have fireworks displays going on this evening.
3. While there isn't much in the way of Fourth of July festivities locally this year, nearby Concord will host a Picnic in the Park. Click here for details.
4. Bids are being accepted for a city project at 61 Emmett St. Click here for details.
5. For those headed to Boston for the fireworks and the Boston Pops this evening, the Massachusetts State Police urge all visitors to the Esplanade to be "mindful of the traffic and parking restrictions in place for the annual Independence Day celebration. State Police also ask the public to obey all laws and restrictions and to respect the rights of those around them as they enjoy Sunday’s rehearsal and Monday’s concert and fireworks display." Consider taking public transportation into the city.