5 Things You Need to Know Today: July 31
Bakr's back, improv classes are starting up at the library and some cats in Northborough need a new home.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations..
1. Marlborough Public Schools took a big step toward healing some old wounds yesterday with the reinstatement of Marlborough High School Assistant Principal Adam Bakr. Lots of people have weighed in on the Marlbourgh Patch Facebook page about the issue, with one calling it "an injustice rectified." What do you think?
2. Whose line is it? Yours! The Marlborough Public Library is offering improv classes for teens with classes for students in grades 9 through 12 and those in grades 6 through 8. Contact the library to learn more and sign up.
3. Tuesday is the deadline to sign up for a Six Sigma Green Belt certification program being offered by Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) in Marlborough. The class starts in September and runs through December. The Marlborough Economic Development Corp., which helped set up the course, says studies have shown Green Belt certification can boost an employee’s salary by as much as 10 percent. For more information and to register, go to cpe.wpi.edu/greenbelt.html or contact Cindy Philbrick at WPI, 508-831-5651 or email@example.com.
4. Remember the case of Phantom, the Hudson dog abandoned after a foreclosure? Well, this Northborough woman is trying to do the right thing as she prepares to leave her own home. She’s looking to secure good homes for six kittens.
5. There's still a month of summer vacation left. Need something for the kids to do. The Post Road Art Center offers a variety of courses for young artists of all ages and abiliites.