5 Things You Need to Know Today: July 26
Ken's Foods is looking to grow, the MetroWest Colonials are prepping for their home opener and the Games have begun.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Ken’s Foods is looking to expand its Marlborough operations. City Councilor Joseph Delano said Monday night, during a hearing on proposals to provide a third National Grid power service to the company's location on D’Angelo Dr. that the city is working with the company on a possible tax increment financing (TIF) agreement that would help pave the way for a "big expansion."
2. Interested in earning a bachelor's degree but don't have time to travel? Framingham State University is hoping to offer an alternative when it opens a satellite campus at Assabet Valley Vocational School this coming fall.
3. Going to the Metrowest Colonials’ home opening football game Saturday night? The team is asking fans to check in on its Facebook event page for the game, which will kick off Saturday at 7 p.m. at Kelleher Field.
4. The Marlborough Community Development Authority meets at 8:30 a.m. in City Hall.
5. The 2012 Summer Olympics are under way in London. The opening ceremony doesn't come until Friday, but on Wednesday, the U.S. Women's Soccer team defeated France in the first competition of the games.