5 Things You Need to Know Today: Jan. 13
There's another round of bad weather coming and National Grid says they're ready.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The city of Marlborough has established an official Facebook page! One of the first posts on the page was to inform residents of emergency contacts during the recent inclement weather. Give them a like!
2. National Grid announced Thursday that though there were few electricity service interruptions throughout National Grid’s service area in New England, the company remains geared up for a second weather pattern which is anticipated to bring strong winds and dropping temperatures tomorrow and into Saturday. In case of an emergency, post National Grid’s emergency outage reporting number, 1-800-465-1212, near your telephone so it will be handy if needed.
3. Friday night at the Coffee Loft, 406 Lincoln St., the weekly concert will feature the talents of Bill Sciore and Michael Keymont of the Smoke n' Mirror's Trio. The event is free; for more information call 508-251-1431.
4. Calling all Stars! Karon Shea Model Management will be hosting talent auditions at the Solomon Pond Mall Sunday, Jan. 15 from 1 to 4 p.m. for local residents to see if they have what it takes to make it in Hollywood. International Model and Talent Association in conjunction with Karon Shea Model Management will have a scout from Los Angeles on hand to review all walks of talent. Talents include acting, singing, modeling, and dancing.
5. This past Saturday Solomon Pond Mall hosted the annual Hudson Cub Scout Pack #3’s Pinewood Derby! The race consisted of small wooden car models that each Cub Scout made with the help from their family and friends which were then used in a racing competition. The winners included: (Left to Right) Third Place, Gabe Giancola; Second Place, Jeremiah DeOlivera; and First Place, James Gasek all from Hudson.