5 Things You Need To Know Today: Feb. 28
There is an upcoming motorcycle ride for a great charity, and an opportunity for you to decide on the best sandwich in Marlborough right here on Patch.
1. Olivia's Ride will be held Saturday, June 23 in memory of the late Olivia McGowan who died from Fryns Syndrome in August 2011. This will be a motorcycle ride fundraiser with all proceeds to be donated to the NIC Unit at Children's Hospital in Boston. Registration is $20. For more information see the event on the Marlborough Patch calendar.
2. The Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce will host its Annual Dinner and Awards Ceremony on Thursday, March 8, at the Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel. During the evening, seven local businesses will be recognized for their dedication to improving the quality of life in the Marlborough region and for helping to maintain and improve a vibrant business culture.
Awards for the evening include:
• Business of the Year: Longfellow’s Wayside Inn
• Small Business of the Year: Patriot Ambulance
• Business Person of the Year: Maureen Letendre, CPCC, President of In Demand Coaching
• Marlborough Pride Award: The Vin Bin
• Marlborough Spirit Award: Quinsigamond Community College
• Green Award: Brookfield Renewable Energy Group
• Entrepreneurship Award: Clean & Green Car Wash & Detail Center
Also receiving Membership Anniversary Recognition Awards during the evening will be 10, 15, 20, 25 and 50 -year Marlborough Regional Chamber members. Registration will begin at 5 p.m. with a reception and cash bar; dinner will be served at 6 p.m. with the awards ceremony to follow. Dinner choices are panko crusted sirloin or portabella Napoleon. Cost is $45 per person. Reservations for this event must be made in advance by emailing the Chamber or calling the Chamber at 508-485-7746.
3. The Solomon Pond Mall will host the Sudbury Dancers Workshop from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, March 3. Dancers will perform all types of entertaining dances, provide info on the workshop, classes offered and more.
4. Want to advertise on Patch? There are an array of options and prices available. Contact our ad manager Steve Antonellis today.
5. Vote in the Best of Marlborough contest that begins this week with the best sandwich in town. We want to get a consensus of what Marlborough thinks, so vote and share with your friends!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Marlborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the daily newsletter with our top stories, click here.