Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. On Dec. 10, the Solomon Pond Mall hosted the new Play Area opening Courtesy of Memorial Children’s Medical Center. During the opening children and families had a chance to participate in activities that ranged from playing on the new play pieces to designing holiday cards to be sent overseas as part of the American Red Cross’s Mail for Heroes program.
2. The Boys & Girls Clubs of MetroWest received a $5,000 grant from The UPS Foundation, the charitable arm of UPS. The grant will be used to support the cost of installing new servers in the Technology Centers in all three Clubhouses in Marlborough, Framingham and Hudson. The funding received from The UPS Foundation will support the reconfiguration of the server system that supports the Technology Centers utilized by over 650 kids each day throughout the Clubhouses as well as the business environment at our administrative office. This important project will allow them to continue offering their “Technology for All” program, which serves two community needs: the need for computer education for at-risk youth and the need for safe after school enrichment programs.
3. A young, intact male Golden Retriever was found this morning on Route 20 near Wayside Inn in Sudbury (Marlborough border). If you are missing your handsome, light gold dog, wearing a red collar with no tags, please call Sudbury police or Marlboro ACO. He is being kept safe! Let's find his owners.
4. The Cosmetology department at the Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School held their annual Think Pink fundraiser to raise money for breast cancer awareness. For only a $5 donation, they gave pink manicures, pink braids, or pink spray painted hair. The Metal Fabrication department brought the sophomores down en masse to make their donations and be a part of the fundraiser. (see photo)
5. Don't forget to enter our Deck the House contest that could potentially win the Marlborough Public Schools $100,000. Some lucky school district in Patchland is going to win, so let's make it Marlborough!