1. I mistakenly published last year's bus routes - this year's are not yet on the district's website - I've since removed that post but look for an updated one as soon as possible. (Apparently the first week jitters got the better of me.)
2. According to the American Heart Association, one in three American kids and teens is overweight or obese and it is causing health problems that previously were not seen until adulthood like type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and elevated blood cholesterol levels. They suggest packing a healthy lunch for your children and paying attention to portions.
3. OARS (For the Assabet, Sudbury, and Concord Rivers) will be holding a free workshop for children ages 6 to 10 at Memorial Beach. The event takes place from 9 to 10:30 a.m. and is part of the organization's Water Wise Workshops. Call 978-369-3956 to register.
4. Fine Free Wednesdays are still in effect. Any late materials, with the exception of museum passes and some items borrowed outside of the CW MARS network, will not incur library fines if returned on Wednesdays.
5. It's the last week to choose the best of Marlborough. We've kept our main voting story (to which all the individual voting articles are attached) on the homepage; click through to vote for your favorite spots in the city. Today, we highlight your favorite place to get a frozen treat. Click here to vote on which is the best area frozen treat.