5 Things You Need to Know Today: April 9
The Boys and Girls Club has completed a successful fundraising campaign, and details have been released concerning the funeral services for Bill Short.
1. A full obituary for William "Bill" Short was published on Friday with services set for Monday and Tuesday.
2. In this week's edition of Best of Patch Readers' Choice we are asking you to vote on your favorite sporting goods retailer in Marlborough.
3. The mayor's office announced Friday that "Project Clean Sweep" will take place at 9 a.m., Saturday, April 28 at the DPW Municipal Garage. Volunteers will obtain work assignments, supplies and materials at this location. Extra clean-up items such as gloves are appreciated. Trash bags and “Project Clean Sweep” t-shirts will be provided.
4. On Sunday, April 1, over 2,500 people didn’t show up to the Boys & Girls Clubs of MetroWest’s 2012 No Show Ball. Throughout the last 60 days, people from all over pledged $5 to purchase a ticket to an event they knew would never take place. The campaign raised $13,265, 100 percent of which will directly benefit the development of children in the MetroWest community and not an extravagant fundraising event.
5. Check out this great photo gallery we ran on Sunday with some amazing shots of some early spring flowers coming to bloom.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Marlborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the daily newsletter with our top stories, click here.