5 Things You Need to Know Today: April 6
Recent mayoral candidate has been honored by Lt. Gov. Tim Murray and others for his work in the community, and City Hall is closing early in observance of Good Friday.
1. The Marlborough Eagles Annual Easter Egg Hunt will be held Saturday, April 7 at Ghiloni Park. Refreshments will be available for purchase. Participants are asked to arrive by 11:30 a.m. for the egg hunt.
2. Recent mayoral candidate Matt Jones was honored at the Middlesex and Worcester Democratic Coalition during the sixth annual Democratic Breakfast Sunday, April 1, at the Hudson Portuguese Club. Lt. Gov. Tim Murray, Congressman Jim McGovern and Congresswoman Niki Tsongas spoke to over 200 guests. State Senator Jamie Eldridge and State Representative Tom Conroy presented Jones with a “Democracy in Action Award” in recognition of local work. A former public school teacher, he is a member of the Rotary Club and is an active member of The Friends of Marlborough Seniors. Recently he has focused his efforts on building the Marlborough Democratic City Committee and helping all Democratic candidates in the upcoming election.
3. City Hall offices will close at noon Friday, April 6 in observance of Good Friday.
4. A Spaghetti Supper, put on by the Men’s Fellowship of the First Church in Marlborough, Congregational, will be held from 5 to 7 p.m., Wednesday, April 18, in the Parish Hall of the church. The cost is $5 per person or $15 for a family of four or more. The public is invited to attend.
5. As of this post time, there are only a few hours left to vote in this week's Best of Patch Readers' Choice poll. Vote for your favorite local tax preparer and tell us why they are so great in the comments.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Marlborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the daily newsletter with our top stories, click here.