5 Things You Need to Know Today: April 17
This is the very last day you can file those income taxes without penalty, and one reader has a bone to pick with Marlborough school chief.
1. Today is the final day to file your 2011 income taxes without penalty. Make sure this important paperwork is either filed online, or postmarked and in the mail.
2. Know of any Marlborough businesses that should be added to this week's Best of Patch Readers' Choice poll? One reader suggested we add Honey Dew to the best coffee options, what else are we missing? Tell us and vote for your favorite on Patch.
3. The Wayside Racquet & Swim Club will host the Second Annual Zumba for Life on April 29 as a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Marlborough Hudson. Doors open at 5 p.m., and the dancing kicks off at 6. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door. Purchase tickets from any of the instructors or by contacting Kristen Cappello at 508-259-7661 or email@example.com.
4. One reader has submitted a letter to the editor suggesting that superintendent of schools Anthony Pope should move on from Marlborough. Amidst several controversies, what are your thoughts? Think about it and check back later this morning.
5. Head over to our home page and check out all our coverage from the Boston Marathon. Almost all of the Patch editors from MetroWest and eastern Mass contributed to the coverage in some way, shape or form. (All the Marlborough residents' finishing times will go live at 4 a.m.)
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Marlborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the daily newsletter with our top stories, click here.