UPDATED: Brookview Village: Details You Need to Know
Here are 5 facts about the proposed affordable housing project.
Clarification: This article has been amended to include a more specific time table for construction.
Want to know more about Brookview Village? We have some facts for you:
1. Brookview Village would be a rental property, offering studio, one bedroom, two bedroom and three bedrooms units. Rent would be $1,000 to $1,600 a month.
2. Fire officials have expressed concern about access to the complexes: a problem that the company will work through with the fire chief as the proposal moves forward.
3. Marlborough currently has 10.2 percent of housing units designated as affordable; this is in excess of the state requirement of 10 percent. In Brookview Village, 61 units would be offered at affordable prices, while the remaining 182 units would be offered at market prices.
4. The project has not yet been approved by the city. If it were approved at the public hearing in September, the developers could close on financing in December or January and begin construction in early spring 2013, according to Ted Doyle, a representative of the company.
5. If approved, construction could last between 14 and 16 months.