5 Things: West Nile Virus and Commuting Time
From an ongoing struggle with West Nile to how long it takes to get to work; we have what you need right here.
1. Sheila Brecken has been signed on to another four years on the Council on Aging.
2. The threat of West Nile Virus continues to sweep through the area with no signs of going away until we get a few good frosts. It also recently claimed the life of a Massachusetts resident but there are numerous steps your can take to make sure you are safe.
3. It seems to be the fundraising season, with teams coming together to raise money for awareness and research of many organizations. If you are starting a team or want to help raise awareness of your fundraising events, make Patch one of your stops. You can either add events here or contact me directly via email.
4. With school in full swing, keeping track of school lunches so that your children don't get a double dose of chicken can be a chore. We have the school lunch schedules here to make life a little easier.
5. Think you have a long commute? Well according to the U.S. Census, the average number of minutes Marlborough residents travel to get to work is 28.1 minutes. The state average is 27.3 minutes. Are you higher or lower?