5 Things: Stay Up to Speed on Detours, Construction
Take note of the city's traffic patterns on Labor Day, and stay abreast of the latest construction projects.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Planning on attending the city's Labor Day parade on Monday? Either way, if you're in Marlborough, you should be aware of parking restrictions and detours.
2. The Council on Aging and the mayor’s office will hold an informational session for the Senior Citizen Property Tax Work Off program at 1:30 p.m. this Thursday, Aug. 23, at the Senior Center, 250 Main St. The program allows Marlborough seniors to volunteer for the city in exchange for an up to $1,000 reduction on their property tax.
3. Wondering about the status of ongoing construction projects in Marlborough? The city maintains a list of projects and anticipated completion dates on its website.
4. Kill Devil Hill, featuring Rex from Pantera, will be performing at The Lazy Dog on Aug. 31.
5. Next week, Marlborough schools in Marlborough will be back in session. Kids, last chance to do your summer reading!