5 Things: Robberies and Snow Costs
From midday robberies to the cost of the blizzard; we have the news you need today.
1. Police are asking for extra vigilence following a number of midday burglaries within the last few weeks. You can read the full story here, but police are asking everyone to keep an eye out for these break-ins that have been occuring during the day.
2. The city is continuing to clear streets, sidewalks and parking lots throughout the city. The DPW had their machines out overnight again last night, as we went over in this article. They have their sights set on a large snow pile behind the high school.
3. The cost of the storm will not be known for another few weeks. With the hours, materials and cost of equipment needing to be taken into account, the final tally takes time to finish. Add to this invoices from contractors still coming in from contractors who worked the storm and the true cost of the blizzard will not be known for a while yet.
4. The winner of our local business photo contest was announced yesterday. The winning photo can be found here.
5. Government policy isn't always riveting. We get that. However, you may want to read up on this Economic Development Master Plan that is being discussed at the committee level right now.
Things are still being ironed out with this plan. However, the final outcome may encourage some things not everyone in Marlborough will be behind, such as using industrial land for apartments as happened with the Brookview Village development.
If you want your voice heard about how the city is going to encourage economic development now is your time while it is being discussed in committee and before it is voted on by the City Council.