5 Things: Relay for Life and a Possible $18,000 to the City
From a kickoff for Relay For Life tonight to a possible $18,000 to the city; we have what you need to know right here.
1. The kickoff for the Marlborough-Hudson Relay for Life is taking place tonight at the Marlborough High School at 6:30 p.m. These events are really touching and a great way to raise money if you have never experienced them.
2. The City is discussing a zoning change that would allow Verizon to do a minimum of maintenance on vehicles they are interested in housing at their training facility on Forest Street. The zoning would allow for a minor amount of maintenance — such as topping off fluids or doing an oil change — while bringing in an estimated $18,000 a year in excise tax.
3. $18,000 a year in excise tax works out to the same amount of revenue generated by a $632,466 commercial building. The trucks would be moved from a garage in Worcester.
4. We have a winner for our winter photo contest! The photo is available here and is the one used in this article.
5. The next photo contest — with a prize worth $25 — is local youth winter sports.