1. The time crunch is on for the search for a superintendent. Not only that, but the cost could exceed $20,000. How do you feel about the mounting cost of replacing a superintendent when those costs could soon exceed $100,000? Let us know in the comments here or in the article on the cost of the superintendent search.
2. Large residential housing complexes continue to be discussed by the city. In addition to the proposed "Brookview Village" 40B project there are other plans to create an overlay district to cover 100 acres of industrial land that would allow roughly 300 units of new residential housing. That second set of plans is set to be discussed by the city council Monday night. The impact of these developments on the landscape of Marlborough has been discussed on a new study from Clark University.
3. The Masonic Lodge will play host to some international music from our Canadian neighbors to the north tonight. The duo of Richard Wood & Gordon Belsher will be playing Celtic music with doors opening at 7 p.m.
4. The Vice Presidential debate caught the nations attention last night, or clogged the airwaves depending on your outlook. Either way, we have given you a space to sound off on how you think the debate went.
5. Recycling for a cause is happening tomorrow. The GFWC Marlborough Junior Woman's Club is sponsoring a Recycling Event in Hudson. There is a cost for recycling electronics, but all donations are 100% tax deductible.