5 Things: Library Grant and Dunkin Donuts
From over $10,000 to the library and no Dunkin Donuts drive-thru on Main Street for now; we have the news you need.
1. The Marlborough Library received a Public Library Grant from the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners in the amount of $12,500. It will fund a program called "Conservation Circles" which provides an opportunity for English language learners to practice their skills and learn about services the library provides.
2. The owners of the Dunkin Donuts on Main Street have withdrawn an application for a special permit to allow a drive-thru at the location. They can resubmit the plan and will do so once the concerns of the fire and police department have been worked out, said officials.
3. The city council approved a Tax Increment Finance agreement with Quest Diagnostics. The agreement lessens the taxes on investments the company will make at its new location in Forest Park.
4. The American Red Cross will be having a blood drive at the Masonic Hall from 2:30 to 7:30 p.m. Those giving blood will be rewarded with cookies, juice and a chance to win a $50 Visa gift card.
5. Did you see the winner of our Thanksgiving photo contest? It was a great photo that captured the joy that can come with the holiday. We will have another contest for you shortly.